Performing Artists (Click on Artist for Reviews and Previews)
18 & over
Two items minimum per person
Description: The DC Improv Comedy Club is hosting a special local comedy showcase in our Comedy Lounge. Please note this is not our main showroom. DC is notorious for launching the careers of such comedy greats as, Dave Chappelle, Lewis Black, Tommy Davidson and Wanda Sykes.
Hosted by: Shahryar
Brian Parise: Brian Parise started out doing comedy in Washington DC where he has quickly become a favorite with audiences. He is a regular at the DC Improv and Arlington Drafthouse, and winner of the Liberty Laughs 2010 Comedy Competition. He has performed with Dave Attell, Patrice O’Neal, Andy Kindler, and a host of other great national headliners. Come see Brian share his ridiculous imagination and unique outlook on religion, politics, the end of the world, peanut butter, and more!
Steve Coltrain: Steve Coltrain is a DC-based comic who has appeared regularly at the DC Improv for over ten years. He has worked with a number of comedy giants including Louis CK, Kevin Pollak and Lewis Black and has also been heard locally on Mix 107.3's Diamond in the Morning Show as well as Sportstalk 980. "Smart, funny and with an edge" says Chip Franklin of News Radio KOGO in San Diego. Here's what others are saying about Steve. "Nah, not sure...I ever heard of him." (some guy at Chipolte) "Steve Coltrain? Yeah, the guy with the horn or sax or something..he's funny, too?" (Jiffy Lube technician) Check out this comic as he goes from absolute obscurity to relative obscurity right before our eyes!
Herbie Gill: Herbie Gill is a comedian who learned from the best and seeks to blaze his own path in comedy. As a true student of the craft of comedy, audiences and fellow comedians alike notice Herbie's passion and dedication to stand up. Changing expectations and skewing stereotypes, this young comic can finesse any crowd with professionalism, style and wit. Herbie's hard work and knack for presenting fresh new material earned him appearances on many stages and programs, including XM Radio, Comcast Cable, Gilda's Club, and Local Point TV for ABC. A strong feature performer, Herbie establishes himself quickly wherever he performs. Appearing at clubs, showcases and festivals across the country, his show proves he's ready to take his brand of comedy anywhere. With a shining personality, excellent stage presence and hilarious material, it's easy to see that Herbie's comedy stock is rising.
The DC Improv Comedy Lounge will be serving a full dinner menu and drinks. Doors open at 6:30 pm. Show is at 8 pm.
- The ticket price does not include any food or beverages. All menu items are ordered the night of the show.
- 8:00 pm dinner shows are seated on first come first served basis. Doors open at 6:30pm for seating.
- 10:30 pm shows are assigned seats according to date reservation made (e.g. earliest advanced ticket purchase = best seats)
- If you purchased tickets to a 10:30 pm show and would like to be seated together with another party, please call The DC Improv at 202-296-7008 and inform us ahead of time.
- All tickets purchased to shows with the phrase "hosted in The Comedy Lounge" or "hosted in our side room" are only valid for shows in our Comedy Lounge.