Performing Artists (Click on Artist for Reviews and Previews)
18 & over
Two items minimum per person
Rob Schneider: Emmy-nominated actor Rob Schneider, well known for his trademark blend of character and comedic acting, has broadened his focus to include directing, producing and writing.
After a nearly twenty year break, Schneider recently made a return to standup. He is receiving rave reviews for his international comedy tour which was just extended through spring 2011. He recently released his first comedy album Registered Offender to coincide with the tour. In September, Schneider will release The Chosen One, a drama he directed and also co-wrote. He stars as a man whose life is about to change after reaching the end of his rope. Schneider also co-produces with John Schneider through their production company From Out of Nowhere.
Schneider will next voice the title role of Norm, in Norm of the North, an animated film for Lionsgate. He most recently starred in the summer hit Grown Ups for Sony. Schneider is well known for his longtime relationship with Adam Sandler and Sandler’s production company, Happy Madison. Schneider has starred in several Happy Madison projects, including Bedtime Stories, You Don’t Mess With The Zohan, The Benchwarmers, 50 First Dates, The Longest Yard, Eight Crazy Nights, Little Nicky and Mr. Deeds. Also for Happy Madison, Schneider co-wrote and starred in Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo, Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo, The Hot Chick and The Animal. His other film credits include Big Stan, Shark Bait, The Waterboy and Big Daddy.
Schneider began writing jokes as a teenager, appearing at local venues. After opening for comedians such as Jay Leno and Jerry Seinfeld he made his major network television debut in 1987 on “The David Letterman Show.” In 1990 Lorne Michaels saw Schneider’s appearance on HBO’s “13th Annual Young Comedians Special” and hired him to be a regular on “Saturday Night Live.” During his four seasons at “SNL,” Schneider was nominated for three Emmys and a Peabody Award.
Schneider is an active supporter of several charities. He founded “The Rob Schneider Music Foundation,” which helps provide music education for middle school and high school students. Schneider was born and raised in San Francisco. He lives in the Los Angeles area.
- The ticket price does not include any food or beverages. All menu items are ordered the night of the show.
- 8:00 pm dinner shows are seated on first come first served basis. Doors open at 6:30pm for seating.
- 10:30 pm shows are assigned seats according to date reservation made (e.g. earliest advanced ticket purchase = best seats)
- If you purchased tickets to a 10:30 pm show and would like to be seated together with another party, please call The DC Improv at 202-296-7008 and inform us ahead of time.
- All tickets purchased to shows with the phrase "hosted in The Comedy Lounge" or "hosted in our side room" are only valid for shows in our Comedy Lounge.